Some say a first birthday party is really for parents and their guests and that your baby won’t even remember this party, and may even be overwhelmed by it. I agree with this but only partially because he/she will get to see the pictures later on in his or her life and even at one year old he and his guests can have fun. Nevertheless, there are some considerations you must have whether you’re planning an intimate gathering of friends and family or an all-out bash.
- Your 1-year-old may be fearful of strangers, and strange or new places. Despite liking other babies, she won’t understand how to play with them yet. She will enjoy individual attention most of the time.
- To avoid an overstimulated child, take small intimate breaks with him or her. It is definitely ok if the baby wants to be asleep for his/her party most of the time.
- Entertain other young guests by having a set of activities age appropriate and that go with the theme of your party. Character Hosts are wonderful for this because they make fun games for a large crowd of well-wishers who can overstimulate your child and you need your hands and time free for your 1-year-old.
- Set a time, preferably when your child feels fresh to take pictures with the cake and guests. Do not push picture opportunity or singing happy birthday on a schedule, You can definitely alter the order at a 1-year-old party.
- Let the character/host entertain the guests so you can give your child plently of time. Remember he/she is used to your undiluted attention and he might never have seen sooooo many people together at once.
- Time the event around the baby’s naptime or when he or she is more alert.
- If your baby is a social butterfly, then a big bash could be a great way to celebrate. For baby’s who cling to mom, dad, and caregivers, limit the guest list to the baby’s favorites or those with whom he or she is most familiar.
- Consider where your baby typically has the best time. Most parents opt for a home party if space allows for it.
- Take lots of pictures! Practice with the camera, if necessary, to make sure that you are comfortable with exposures, lighting for the time of your party, technical details, or fun angles that will take your video and photographs to a pro level.
Here are some of our most popular First Year Party Themes:
OLD MACDONALD HAD A FARM….
CHO CHOO TRAIN
BUG BUMBLE BEE
Sesame Street Friends
Clifford the Big Red Dog
To book a first year old party, decoration, rental items and character hosts….
Tags: actividades, actualidad, articles, blog, children, children celebrations, culture, cumpleaños Orlando, curiosidades, current events, design, education, event, events, familia, family, friends, happy celebrations, ideas, inspiration, juegos, juvenil, kids, kids parties, life, news, noticias, novedades, parenting, people, personajes, personal, photos, Primer cumpleaños, redes sociales, temas para un año, Themed parties Orlando, video, videos