I had to interview Pako and his wife, Janeth who have been taking beautiful wedding and quinceañera pictures and Video for many years, for this article, following are must read tips to consider for your sweet Sixteen or Quinceañera pictures.
I always tell parents, don’t cut out on the professional photographer please, and if necessary I do go “pleeeeeeeeaaaase!” It is really important to have great memories for this day.
We even had a Quinceañera party once that the theme went around the photograph session of her and her friends. We made them feel like divas with a whole Spa treatment!
Please read through our Best Tips:
- Make sure you hire a professional photographer, and that you have empathy with him. This means you like their ideas and you get along with him or her. Your attitude toward the photographer will show up in the photos. Don’t automatically go for the cheapest photographer. Pick the photographer whose photos most impress you and who you can afford.
- Discuss beforehand the type of pictures you want, Pako for example specializes in making a story book. From the moment you go to the salon up to the highlights of your party…
- Before you commit to a photographer, look at his/her work. Is he creative enough? Do you like the final product?
- Get your hair and makeup done by a professional.
- Make a list of all the people you want photographed: family, friends, etc., and designate a family member to point these people out to the photographer.
- Work out a timeline, from when you plan to arrive at the church to when you plan to end the reception, so that the quince runs on a schedule. If the ceremony gets off to a late start, pictures will often get skipped, and opportunities for good shots will be missed.
- ENJOY! Remember these images are the ones you most want to preserve during your quinceañera and show off to friends and family. Grasp every moment, this is a time to be relaxed and not stressed, be playful, strike a posse and have lots of fun!
For an event planner or photograph consultation…
Tags: actividades, actualidad, articles, blog, children, culture, curiosidades, design, education, event, events, familia, family, friends, ideas, inspiration, juegos, juvenil, kids, life, news, noticias, novedades, people, personajes, personal, photos, redes sociales, video, videos